Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pumpkin Day 7!

  I have experimented twice with my own recipes containing pumpkin today.  I am not going to count them until I get them passed through the children.  I made an attempt at ice cream and the other was popsicles.

  To blend pumpkin into spoonable goodness is a science. Nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin pie spices and maybe ginger.  I know those can be added to the pumpkin mixture to make it better but I haven't gotten the right proportions figured out.  An apple uses the same spices but an apple also atleast starts out good so you can build on that.  Maybe by the end of the month I can build a nice pumpkin basic mix to build on! Until then I found a new recipe!


  These are like the no bake energy balls.  It has very few ingredients and all of the ingredients are natural and healthy.  This is so easy your kids could make it.  I did skip the powdered sugar coating as I didn't think my kids needed it.  I wanted it as a healthier snack but by all means I'm sure it tastes extra nice with it so you could try that as well.
  The end result is a perfect afternoon snack.  Bite size pumpkin balls!  This recipe took a minimal amount of pumpkin as well but you can taste it and it was good and the raisins added a nice component in the oatmeal mix.  Now with the last two items in the freezer I have officially used up this can!  On to the next can!

  Thanks for following my pumpkin challenge!

Today's recipe came from parenting.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment