Sunday, October 4, 2015

Day 4 Pumpkin

  It may be late but it's too early to give up on my 30 days of pumpkin consumption!  I didn't want to count a pumpkin coffee and donut that I ate again.  That is not what this is all about.  This challenge is about me making, baking or cooking pumpkin.  So I made for today Cinnamon Pumpkin Granola!  We eat a lot of granola and oatmeal here so I am never short of it!


  I found the recipe to be easy.  Granola recipes come in a variety of skill levels as well as ingredients.  This recipe although took a very small amount of pumpkin (3 Tbl) it did require ingredients I had on hand.

  I think I mixed this up quicker than it took to cook, stir,cook stir.  With granola you have to babysit.  Over cook it and it's hard as rocks under cook it and not stir it around you get flavored uncooked oats.  Neither of which sound good to me.

  I did stir a little harder and as thorough as I could as I cut corners and didn't make a wet bowl and a dry bowl.  I was confident that it was mixed though.  The you lay it down on the cookie sheet to bake.
  I can not even begin to tell you how good it smelled.  All the children let me know how good the granola smelled.  Sometimes food is the best potpourri!  It quickly covered up the cabbage scent from dinner.

  Granola is served. Pumpkin to be exact!  If you look closely you can see shredded coconut.  It's taste like pumpkin. Surprisingly with such a small amount of the canned pumpkin.  I probably will not mix anything else in it but it will get sprinkled on a bowl of yogurt or in a bowl for dry munching!  I want to work on making clusters.  I'm never very good at that.  Cheers to the pumpkins!

Recipe credit goes to lecremedelacrumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment