Tuesday, December 1, 2015

New Jersey Lighthouse Adventures Part 3

  Continuing on with my adventures in New Jersey for the Lighthouse Challenge 2015! There were 14 stops throughout various areas of New Jersey.  Some stops were actual lighthouses while others were life saving stations.  

  Tucker's Island in Tuckerton, NJ was the next stop.

steps: 40

   This building was a re-creation  of a structure swept up in a storm.  There was museum and a gift shop filled with a lot of goodies at this location.


  Atlantic City! In the city of Atlantic City is a lighthouse!  I have never been here and hope to visit again now that I know it's practically up the street.  It was neat to see all the sights and lights.  It would have been neater to see at nightime or dusk but then again I wasn't driving.

steps: 228

The Absecon Lighthouse in Atlantic City!  I didn't climb this one but it would have been nice to see all the buildings at the same level as the Lighthouse give or take.

  U.S. Life Saving Station 30 was down the street.  It is in the middle of being restored with hopes of a full completion in time for next year's Lighthouse challenge.

  I peeked in the door which was the only look you could get besides walking around the outside.  No steps to climb, no distance scenery to see here.  It would be nice to come back next year and see the end result.

  Thank you for reading part 3 of my Lighthouse Adventures in New Jersey.  I have one more final post (4 more stops) to share with you!





No comments:

Post a Comment