Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day 2 of 30 complete

  This day started out so good.  I woke up focused. Satisfied I had did well the first day and ready to take on the second.  I made an awesome smoothie after figuring out what I was finally going to have.  I am a breakfast eater and I had read that you get a better workout in if you eat something before hand so I always try to.  I settled on a peach oatmeal smoothie and I am glad I did.  I did use almond milk


that I bought for health reasons but I do drink and prefer good old cows milk but I thought I would experiment with almond milk on this journey.  I however did not buy the Greek yogurt.  I have the good old fatty stuff.  I know you can make you own and I have not messed with that yet.  This yogurt called for both and obviously I used the almond milk but just skipped the yogurt all together.  I guess it would have been thicker but it was just fine!

Workout went great and then I saw what day it was
Cows Appreciation Day at Chick Fil A.
If you dress like a cow you get a free meal. Which is great. It was me and two calves! Free lunch.  Well if you have discipline that's fine. They have salads for those people but I their fries are right up there on my list of (I know your just had surgery and can eat real food what do you want me to bring in for you list) ((and sweet tea)) So I eat the chicken sandwich meal with fries and a sweet tea. BUT it was one and that is huge for me.  I could win a sweet tea competition if there was one. (Note to self to Google that)

However the good thing from this was it was late for lunch and early for dinner so I was not hungry but, you are supposed to eat so I made a bowl of veggies to finish my night off.
There it is people my meals for the day.  I am just trying to keep it real. I am accountable for my own actions and results.

However ending this story with my workout will show you my dedication  and determination.  
My workout consisted of
 33 minutes on the elliptical, 
15 on the treadmill
various weights for legs
Late night jog around my neighborhood at 2.56 miles!

That was my day.  There's always tomorrow  and as far as I know nothing is being celebrated!!

Recipe credit:peach-oat-breakfast-smoothie/


No comments:

Post a Comment