Sunday, May 1, 2016

Strawberry Patch Kickoff



  The other day we visited out local strawberry patch to pick some berries!  Nothing beats a fresh strawberry and lucky for us the season started a couple weeks earlier this year.

I had two eager helpers with me and we purchased one bucket!

  Since then I have decided to make a new monthly challenge of strawberry recipes.  This will be a little more interesting as I was able to buy a few cans of pumpkin last fall and spread it out amongst the month.  I will have to make random trips to the patch for this objective!


  The recipes will be a variety of ideas but all will showcase the strawberry.  So I will have breakfast items, shakes, smoothies, desserts and maybe I can find some interesting savory dishes.  You know by now none of the recipes are my own.  I look high and low on the Internet for recipes to try and that will continue to be the case for this challenge.

  So operation red berry starts today May 1st with shortcake!



You can find the recipe here!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/strawberry-shortcake-recipe3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment