Saturday, May 7, 2016

A Smoothie (Strawberry Style)



  Strawberries go in anything and although I can't confirm they make everything better; I can say I like everything with them.  Today we went with a liquid treat again.

  Strawberry Banana smoothie.  The name says it all.  Basically if you freeze both of these they will make any drink thicker.

  For this recipe I only used 3 ingredients and was pleased with the results.  I switched out the milk with almond milk and I'm sure this only enhanced the flavor.  If I had coconut I would have choose that.

I tossed my frozen strawberries and bananas in the blender

 and a little then less than a cup of almond milk

Blended it up and that was all.

Pour myself a glass and it immediately made me feel better.  It was just sweet enough with a red color from the strawberries a hint of banana flavor and I don't even recall the almond flavor but maybe it was there but also lightly.


Either way this is a nice drink to keep in mind.  You could add more to it or keep it the way it is.  I wonder how it freezes because it would be nice to make smoothies ahead of time and just reblend them prior to drinking.

Check out the recipe here:http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/strawberry-banana-smoothie-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment