Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cheers to Strawberries



  I saw a recipe on Foodnetwork the other day.  This channel is on in my house as much as cartoons and some prime time shows.  It was a newer show or at least to me.  She made a comment that her husband always had strawberries for breakfast and she decided to merge the strawberries with his drink.

  It was a super easy recipe! Frozen strawberries and oranges.  I can't keep an orange in this house for anything.  They are gobbled up within days of being purchased so I used orange juice from a carton.

  I can only imagine how awesome the drink must be with fresh squeezed juice but I will save that for another day.

  Blend your 2 ingredients together and pour in your glasses.  That's its.  2 ingredients no diary. All natural  (potentially based on your orange selection) all healthy drink.


The frozen strawberries are blended up and turn your drink into a smoothie consistency.  I may add bananas or even a mango next time as this would be even a good base to build on but definitely good by itself!

Check out the recipe here:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nancy-fuller/strawberry-oj.html

No comments:

Post a Comment