Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Strawberry Muffins


  I am a morning person.  No matter when I go to bed it may be a slow start to get up but I do get it going quickly thereafter.  So I have no problem making, baking, cooking breakfast.  I like to cook but dinnertime is so late in the day it's more of a nuisance.

  Breakfast with strawberries.  If your following me you know I do not make my own recipes.  Maybe one day but not yet.  Instead I search that world, wide Internet until I find one that sounds good but, not necessarily easy.

 Todays recipe comes from Sugar and Soul.  A delicious muffin filled with strawberries and topped with a crumb topping.  A delicious, sweet, moist muffin.  Did I say delicious?

 This recipe was easy with a little bit of some flare.  The crumb makes it look sophisticated and puts the appearance of your already delicious muffin on a whole new level.

 I like when a recipe challenges me.  This one allowed me to make the buttermilk.  Not a real challenge as I know the ratio by heart but it allows me as a home cook to feel a little better about how far my kitchen skills have come.

  Always make you buttermilk first and set it aside.  There are a few ways to make it; find which one fits you and set it to memory.  Why buy it when you can make it?

Mix your ingredients, chop your strawberries

and make your topping!

That's all.  If your quick enough you can do all of this by the time the oven is heated to the right temp.  Lol, although that's not me in this instance.

  Fill your muffin tray (love my silicone cups) with the muffin batter,top them with strawberries


and cover with crumb!

Bake and be hold the beauty of an easy home cooked, sophisticated muffin!


Good to the last crumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment