Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Strawberry Skillet Corn Cake



  Let's keep this strawberry challenge going. I made a breakfast/brunch type item today.  It had a nice complexity to it with its instructions of using a few bowls to mix my ingredients.

  I also utilized that good old skillet.

  Despite the dishes I utilized for this recipe, It was very complicated to make.  You do have to flour up your strawberries but that's the height of anything too fancy for this dish.

  I thought it was a little too sweet.  I didn't have the called for sugar so I used less of the regular sugar but may have to reduce it again next time.  The cake itself held nicely.  You could see as well as taste the cornmeal in it.  It also contained that cornmeal texture.

I can say I  have never eaten as many strawberries as I have in the last 11 days nor made as many new recipes with them.  That in itself is exciting!

Cheers to another strawberry recipe tomorrow!

Check out the recipe here: http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/2016/05/strawberry-skillet-corn-cake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment