Friday, March 9, 2018

St. Patricks Day Treat (Chocolate Bark part 2)



  T- minus 8 days till St. Patrick's Day.  Whether your Irish or not its a holiday to have fun with.  Wearing green more then usual or if for the first time this year, a special dinner of Corned Beef and Cabbage or looking for the pot of gold or a leprechaun!  I try to have a little extra special fun with the kids!

  Today we started out with bark.  Last year I bought gold sprinkles and spray and  made bark. See last years bark here

The ingredients are simple!


White melting chocolate
Green melting chocolate
Sprinkles
Chocolate pieces

  Lucky, for me I had quality control next to me in order to ensure everything was done correctly.
 
  With any bark it's the same steps.  Melt the chocolate first. For this process I use the double boiler method. Water boiling on the bottom, chocolate melting in a bowl on top.


I melted the white first and then the green.


Swirled the two colors together.

Next it was all about the sprinkles.


Green!


Gold!


Chocolate pieces!

After the sprinkles are all added to the bark it goes in the refrigerator for a few minutes to set.


So let the green fun begin.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Do you enjoy the Irish festivities?

3 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patty's this looks like a fun treat to enjoy making with the little ones and I bet it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St.Patrick's Day to you. The recipe does look easy and yummy. Will definitely try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that really is super easy! And where do you buy green chocolate!? I've never seen that before!

    ReplyDelete