Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 4

  So I told myself that I am almost done with week one. It made me feel better.  This didn't start till Monday so technically it hasn't been a week not even close but, I'm sure I can coast through the weekend. Just need to make it past Friday.  Pizza or guaranteed junk food night.

  If nothing else from this week I am getting more endurance in the gym and gaining some new recipes.  I look forward to seeing the end result of this challenge and hope to have instilled in me some good habits.  Habit meaning I will keep it going and be more aware of what I am doing.

The only meal new to me was the smoothie this morning for breakfast.  I changed the spinach into kale and was very pleased with the taste.  My young chef even liked it despite what she saw me put in it.  The banana and peanut butter were more intense in flavor.

Lunch was nothing special but I will say a bowl of fruit is the best.  I never just ate a bowl of fruit. I would eat a piece here and there.  When you eat a bowl you are sitting down relaxing and enjoying it.  Not like eating a banana on the run.  I am going back to the store to get more peaches!! I hope they are still on sale.  The tuna wrap was plain nothing special tuna with a cut up carrot and some sesame seed oil on it.  I was not impressed and will not eat it like that again.  I was trying to add flavor to the dried tuna. I would rather just eat it dried.

  Dinner was Zuppa Tuscany soup.  The soup from Olive Garden.  This is a great knockoff.  Everyone in my family enjoys it.  Of course you could add something else with it; salad or bread but, I'm trying to stay on track.  Never a disappointment.  Young chef even helped me.  

She had to get her hands dirty to start with.

She is getting better at leveling ingredients!

 She added the spices!
This is the chicken bullion I use for the stock.

Soups simmering!

It was a great day. Thanks for listening. Thanks for reading! Thank you for your support!

Recipe credit:


Workout today was 67 minutes on the treadmill.  I alternated between speed and incline.  Various weights and ab work.

No comments:

Post a Comment