Thursday, October 22, 2015

Day 22 Pumpkin Crepes

  Bonjour everyone!  I have told you before I have no problem waking up and making breakfast.  I kinda of like to cook and bake.  Breakfast and dessert are my favorite meals!  Can dessert be a meal?  If its fruit based and healthy; can it be a meal?  I did mention last night how the pumpkin challenge was ending and we were running out of breakfast ideas.  We have done oatmeal, pancakes, waffles and doughnuts.  Then that light bulb said what about crepes?

  Crepes it is!  So today we have pumpkins + crepes!  I had a lot of apprehension about this as I thought crepes were hard to make.  I had never made them before.  Never even thought about making them because I didn't have a fancy Crepe pan, didn't know there was an easy enough recipe, and wasn't sure I would like them.

  This recipe was straight forward and easy to interpret! I was swirling my batter in the frying pan and it was obviously working. The original creator of the recipe even let you know the mix would be runny.

  
I am so in love with this recipe as I was able to step out of my comfort zone and successfully make something I have never done before.  This doesn't compare to changing the flavor of an item.  This is a major event.  This is up there with amazing accomplishments like when I made butter and mayonnaise.  

This is a keeper!  I cant wait to use this in our breakfast line up.  With this as my base I will change the filling now.  Stay tune for those meals!


  It was amazing to see this perfect little she'll form.  Follow the directions (and I usually do but I still thought crepes were hard, were above me to make) 30 seconds to a minute then flip.  

  The cream inside I did change a little.  Of course since I didn't plan too far ahead I got to work with cream cheese that was not pliable from room temperature but we made do.  I didn't use as much as the filling recipe requested and I didn't have any whopping cream but I did add some powder sugar, 3 tablespoons of pumpkin a small chunk of cream cheese and pumpkin spice.  I didn't have enough filling for all the crepes I made.  But that is fine we will fill them with goodness tomorrow.  We were all able to have one as a sample and at this point that was nice enough.  The filling was delicious! Cream cheese added to anything (even without the whip cream) is a great ingredient.

This fabulous Crepe recipe came from simplisticallyliving.

7 comments:

  1. Another yum recipe ! I find getting the crepes super thin rather tricky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another yum recipe ! I find getting the crepes super thin rather tricky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to make crepes for weekend breakfasts but I haven't tried them with pumpkin. Looks like I will be trying out this recipe very soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first attempt. I was happy with the success. My family enjoyed them too. I will make them again as atleast this recipe made making them easy.

      Delete
    2. This was my first attempt. I was happy with the success. My family enjoyed them too. I will make them again as atleast this recipe made making them easy.

      Delete
    3. This was my first attempt. I was happy with the success. My family enjoyed them too. I will make them again as atleast this recipe made making them easy.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! I love crepes! :-)

    ReplyDelete