Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Cookie monster (Pumpkin edition)

  Ok so I need to stock up on pumpkin scented candles, potpourri or cans of pumpkin.  I am getting so used to the smell and it's not quite becoming second nature but I wish it was.  I love the way it smells and fills my house when I cook it.

  Of course making cookies always smells good but to know it has some pumpkin in them makes these extra special.  These here are my first official pumpkin cookies!

  I assigned the teen to assist and young chef assigned herself to help.
 So these cookies were essentially made by 3 people but don't worry we are all trained professionals.  Also as a side not before I scare you away; this recipe was not that hard.

 You got your dry bowl of ingredients. Funny how noone ever wants to taste the flour bowl.
 Your wet bowl filled with butter and sugar. Fingers did sneak in here.

Then behold the bowl of pumpkin goodness! Don't touch it has an egg in it and you know what they say.  (I live on the edge)

  The only bad thing about this recipe is they require some down time in the refrigerator.
So with that downtime comes a lack of trust and impatience.  The kids got their hopes up only to be put on hold.  This is a hard concept to grasp. Now you see them now you don't.  My poor plan on this step also meant the cookies were having a sleepover in the fridge as it was already 8 o'clock.  Enter worst mom of the year.  However I said I would make them for breakfast in the morning and I regained my tolerable mom title.

0700 let's get this show on the road!
Ahhh tick tick tick. Done

I present you an awesome cookie. An awesome pumpkin cookie!
  Check out the recipe, grab your ingredients and have milk on hand these should go in the books as a must have for a fall cookie.


These awesome soft pumpkin goodies come from cookingclassy.

No comments:

Post a Comment