Thursday, February 15, 2018

Taster Thursday with Chickpeatos



OK I'm back with a couple of taste testers for our 2nd week of Taste Thursday.  I picked up this week's item last week on a grocery run.  My daughter was with me when I bought them and was excited to try them on the next taste day!  She even mentioned it a couple days ago too.  

Proof is in the pictures!



Or is it?

That first bite as you try to assess the snack is a look of concentration.  A new snack flavor is serious business when your trying to decide if it should stay or go.

 Today's snack is Popped Chickpeatos by Watuseefoods. I selected the Caramel Sea Salt flavor as I thought I would need all the flavor help I could get for this! 



  I picked up this .8oz bag at my local grocery store.  It was available  for $1.00!   Each bag is 1 serving and each bag is 100 calories. There is also 6 grams of protein in every serving too!


They have a nice dessert, sweet scent to them.  They look like white cheese puffs covered with some cinnamon. Upon taking a bite you immediately think it's a cheese puff!  I taste more of the sweetness then any pea or chickpea flavor.  Which may be helpful when trying to get kids to eat healthy.


My daughter liked these but my son was not a fan.  She did finish the bowl.  I would buy these again for her to snack on.

6 comments:

  1. I find chickpea flour based treats to be tasty--the chickpea taste never seems to bother me. I'm glad your daughter likes these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks so good. I wanna try it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you are encouraging a healthy snack. I'd have to test it out with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun snack! I haven't seen these before, but I want to get these for my kids...every little healthy alternative helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like a cool treat for the little ones to enjoy. Curious if our boys would like them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I heard about this and looks so yummy, I would love to give this a try

    ReplyDelete