Saturday, February 24, 2018

Family Fun (Theater)



  Lights, camera and action!  Showtime at Downing Gross for the family!  We won tickets a couple months ago for the Willy Wonka show and boy waiting for the show date to get here took so long.


My kids are familiar with both versions of Willy Wonka so they knew the plot but, they also knew from previous theater show experiences that anything is possible.  This show was no different.

Willy Wonka was a little different in this version.


Going to a show is so fun because it proves it's not about who plays the part as much as it is about the story.  Charlie was also a surprise!  Charlie was a girl too!

The show ran for a couple hours with a short intermission in the middle.  My kids sat through the duration without any problems.  They were extremely entertained by the movie.  I wish I could give them a theater experience monthly.


This show was great.  There was a lot of singing and action.  The story focused on the winners of the golden tickets and then followed them through the factory.

Each golden ticket winner was just as animated and entertaining as the next.  It was interesting to watch what would actually happen to each winner on the tour of the chocolate factory.

The audience even got to become a part of the show at one point when bubbles came out from the ceiling.  That was a highlight for my kids.  We were not sitting directly under them to fully appreciate them but it was nice to see them falling.  There second favorite part was the blueberry scene.  In this scent the little girl's suit actually blew up!  

I think a great family show is one with a lot of kid actors and actresses.  My kids enjoyed seeing all the little people playing various parts in the show.  

We had a great time.  No snacks, electronics and sitting still was not even a concentrated effort.  Our time at the theater just flowed.  We had a good time and finished our experience with some photo opportunities! 


Look it's the Oompa Loompas!


Hello Willy Wonka!

Well this concludes our family fun for the week.  Do you have any family fun planned?  Or what family fun did you do already? 

This is a great cultural arts center.  We have enjoyed a few events there as a family and I look forward to more in the future.  They offer a range of classes and events throughout the year.   Along with special summer programs.  We even caught some local school artwork on our way out.  That was fun for the kids to see too.


25 comments:

  1. It seems like you and the family had a great time at the theater. Just like you, nothing brings me more joy than spending quality my family. Those moments are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These moments are definitely priceless! Looks like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see how you and your family had a wonderful time together. Family time is my most joyous moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have a beautiful time. Love the atmosphere and these moments. Thanks sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. I'd love see this show. It's always nice to see how families spent time together. It reminds me on my childhood ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looks so much fun! looks like you had great time with your family. These are the moments to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun. It looks like everyone had a blast. I love doing fun things like this with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun, Its nice that you had a great time with your family. Willy Wonka is one of my favorite movies when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like such a great time out! Your family looks like they had so much fun!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to the theater is such a fun family activity! I have fond memories of going with my parents as a kid. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems like a lot of fun! Awesome family time ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds awesome. My daughter would really love going to this show even now. And we understand that stage shows are different than movies, but I am sure it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a huge fan of the original! How cool
    That you got to see it love. Some of the best music of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks so fun and looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh it sounds like you had a great time. My daughter just loves Charlie and the chocolate factory!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems like a great family outing! I loved doing things like this with my parents when I was a kid. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to spend quality time with my family in the theater it strengthens the family bond and it comes with a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had an amazing time! Charlie and the Chocolate factory has always been a favorite in my home, especially the older one. I would love to take my kids to something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anything theatre wise is so fun for me! I am glad you all had such a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sure the kids had a wonderful time seeing Willy Wonka and having a picture taken too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks great, my daughter surprisingly loves the Theatre. I hope this is coming to London.

    ReplyDelete
  23. that looks super fun and entertaining for the family... I love taking my kids to the theater. lucky you to see Willy Wonka ; )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like such a fun show! You all seem happy to have been there and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is awesome! I am sure you guys must have had an amazing family time. My daughter is too young to enjoy theater so we end up going to Chuckee Cheese ;)

    ReplyDelete