Monday, February 19, 2018

Monday Motivation (Breakfast menu)



  They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day!  Who am I to question that?  So I will just eat it and go on with my day.

  I have found that we can stretch milk by adding hot meals to our week.  The kids don't complain about cereal everyday but a little variety is nice. Thankfully most breakfast items are eagerly accepted.

  This is our breakfast meal plan for the week!

Monday: Waffles
https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/waffles/f4760054-72a9-4316-9377-f636dd58bc8e

Tuesday:
Egg and cheese quesadilla

Wednesday:
French Toast

Thursday: Muffins
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/basic-banana-muffins

Friday:Yogurt

  Planning breakfast doesn't have to be hard.  I think it's way easier then dinner plans but, that's not the point.  The point is planning makes life so much easier, offers variety and challenges me with new recipes sometimes.

  A lot of people have a busy morning.  On a slow, easy going morning what do you make for breakfast?  What's your favorite breakfast?

12 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! Breakfast has always been one of my absolute favorite meals. One of my favorites is yogurt with berries and granola, but since being pregnant I've eaten an egg mcmuffin almost every day for the last 5 months LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bad about skipping breakfast and then overeating the rest of the day! My fave breakfast is egg whites with avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true that most of us are rushed early in the morning and therefore we tend to just repeat the same thing (cereal) over and over. It is a bit of a cop out. I love your suggestion of rotating things on a weekly basis so you can still plan for it and have variety at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Planning is the key to success! Coming up with a meal plan especially for breakfast is a great thing to do. This breakfast meal for the week sound delicious and waffles are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually wrote my first weekly program today! I am trying to loose some weight and going vegetarian for Lent too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good for you! planning is definitely the way forward, it's easier to stay motivated with a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a while I did skip out on breakfast for a few months, as I would rush out of the house to get to work, and just only have coffee in the morning and then found I was getting grumpy lol!! These are great suggestions and I'm going to take a few ideas for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! What time is breakfast at your house? I'll be over! Kidding aside, while I haven't tried Betty Crocker's waffles, but I just love their buttermilk pancakes. My grandma made them when I was a kid. With blueberries on top and extra (warm) maple syrup. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your breakfast menu for the week because it has so many things I love but don't have the time or inclination to make on weekdays. I am usually a yogurt and granola breakfast taker these days although I would die for cheese stuffed french toast or delicious crisps waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, ha, ha. Did you read my menu? I have almost the same breakfast menu except not in that order. Waffles especially are always a big hit in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great healthy menu for breakfast I was out of recipes for breakfast . Thanks for great recipe��

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a big fan of planning breakfasts and I love making a large amount (like a frittata) to have ready to eat throughout the week!

    ReplyDelete