Wednesday, February 21, 2018

STEM in Session



What is STEM?

Science
Technology
Engineering
Mathematics


  STEM is a learning with a concentration in these four areas.  It's a program used in all areas and levels of education.  My kids because they are younger enjoy this program at their library.

  The STEM program at the library starts out with a book that will give a preview of what will be learned that day.


The kids were able to experience snow, cold and winter in this STEM event.


We measured each other with mittens.


Made igloos or snow castles out of foam blocks and shaving cream.


A sensory bin is always present.  It's a big hit with my kids.


I like the endless possibilities that can be used in a sensory bin! This one used rice and had a scale for the kids to play with.


The science of ice and salt impressed my son.


His expression is priceless!  

Do your kids like Science or Math?  Do you enhance their love or learning of either?

12 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Your kids look like they're having an absolute ball!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing learning in action with kids. This looks like they had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat program! That looks like a lot of fun,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when kids get to explore and grow in these areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. This is such a great way to learn! Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved science as a kid. Definitely learnt more doing rather than reading and listening. Sounds like a great programme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how we (teachers) are now incorporating multiples subjects to teach students!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont have kids but as a kid Science was my fav subject. I used to hate Math..still hate it .LOL :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. STEM is such a great way to get kids involved in activities. I know that there are specific classes like this in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hands on activities for kids. There is so much for curriculum that is taught using technology. Kids don't really get to be kids much anymore. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great program! I was terrible at science growing up, but I think getting your hands involved early really helps the learning process.

    ReplyDelete