Friday, February 16, 2018

Family Fun (nails)



  I have showed you how staying home can be just as fun as going out when it comes to hanging out with my kids.  This Friday was another day at home.

  Nail party!  Now granted I try very hard to discourage my son from getting his nails done.  He usually gets a smiley.  This week he was an active painter.


Per his request to use yet another of my birthday presents I received; I accepted his offer to paint my toes.


He selected my colors which involved alternating colors on each toe.  


He took his job very seriously and painted each toe with precision.  He showed great patience and dedication. 

I then painted my daughters feet!


She selected purple and gold.  She always likes alternating colors.

Finally I finished my hands! After all the time it takes to paint nails or have them painted requires a lot sitting still so I was on my hand to finish up.


Pink and gold for me!  

One thing I noticed from this activity was the attention to detail.  The television was on but my son didn't pay attention to it. He was doing something he wanted to do and nothing else mattered.

Such a fun evening at home!  How was you evening with your family or kids?

13 comments:

  1. Wow lovely, at least she knew what she's doing.. love the nail color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is he?! I think my girl would love this. Guess who's doing my nails today?! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids have fun playing with our stuff, don't they?

      Delete
  3. I love this - it is a wonderful way to spend precious time with anyone. The activity is fun, but the interaction is even better. <3 xo Evelyn, Path of Presence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can see how much they appreciate my attention.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Didn't realize the lesson here. I guess I did teach my daughter patience and precision, after all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He did such a great job painting your toes. I love the colors you used for your daughters toes. Pretty colors guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although it is fun to do themed projects with our kiddos sometimes something simple, like painting nails, can be a learning experience. Spending uninterrupted time together is important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its nice to stay at home and not be distracted by the TV and just enjoy doing things together. Nothing beats spending quality time with the family.
    www.thevagabondwayfarer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg how cute!!!!! My daughter and I play with nail polish all the time!!! It’s so fun. Especially with cute and fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats cute he painted your nails. Cute bonding moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way of spending time together! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun! My son likes to paint my (and his) toes.

    ReplyDelete