Monday, February 5, 2018

Monday Motivation (hair)

 

  So a few weeks ago I wanted to start learning to style my daughters hair and this past week I finally worked on that.

  Although the sky is the limit when it comes to styles I would really like to learn more.  I am at a very basic knowledge of hair styles but, with practice I know I can improve.


The first day I kept it simple.  Two knots on each side of her head.  She even came home with them in place! She said everyone called her Princess Leia.


Next was the bow.  I have done this style a couple times before. It's definitely a favorite of mine as its just cute!


This style I would like to try again.  I saw it and thought it looked easy and it has potential just may need to practice some more.  The sides twisted was pretty and even wrapping the hair around the ponytail was classy but, I want the twist more obvious.


I saw a blogger recently who went to a Star Wars event with this style for Rey!  I knew I could pull this off.  She was only missing the bottom of this after school.

  

Lastly, day 5 was a sweeping braid.  I can do only a simple braid so even wrapping it around her head was uncharted territory.  I really liked how this looked and would like to master this look. I only finished it off on the side with a clip.

There's my 5 days of girls hairstyles.  I look forward to trying more but this was a jump start in motivating me.  She liked the new styles.  She enjoyed the change of wearing it down all the time I guess.  So I need to continue doing at least something.  

10 comments:

  1. So many adorable hair styles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved getting my hair done by my mom when I was a little girl. These are super cute!!!! Great job on the styling.
    www.aniatravels.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sister does my mom's hair sometimes and it comes out good most of the time. the hairstyles vary because of the length of her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great styles there that you have mastered. I really like the two Star Wars hairstyles. The first ,one the Princess Leia one , is a good one for school and I would imagine didn't take too long to do. The second one looks very dramatic and certainly commands attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute! I especially loved the half-up braid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hair styling is tedious but when you get to see the result and admiration the hard work pays off. Specially if its being worn by this very cute girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're getting amazing at Hair Styling, Loved 1, 3,4 the most for the princess. It really needs so hard work and even patience in kids to get it done. SO cheers to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I simply loved all the hairstyles and would love to try these since even I have a 5 year old girl with long tresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did an amazing job with these styles! I have a two year old girl whose hair is super curly, so I know I will need to start styling it very soon lol. Thank you for these ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute and lovely! You should really post detailed tutorials on how to do these hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete