Thursday, February 8, 2018

Taster Thursday with Apple Slices



  I have decided to start a taste test post with the help of my picky eaters.  I may buy or just make a new recipe and serve it up to the kids!

  I have spoke before of their pickiness and lack of healthy choices.  I have tried several ways to get a veggie in them and the only way to do it is to blend it and hide it and then that doesn't always work either. 

  I have had them help me in the kitchen and that doesn't help either.  Smoothies work sometimes and bean brownies work a little too but, I would love to get them to eat healthier more regularly.

 This week I tried a snack.  A healthy snack.  I picked this bag up at The Dollar Tree so I'm only out a buck it is not a good option.


These apple slices by the brand So Natural are freeze dried.  They are all natural, contain no preservatives and are gluten free.  

Check out the stats on the back if your one of those people!


1 bag is 0.71 oz.  I did split it between both kids to gauge how they liked it and to not disrupt dinner appetites. 


Both kids liked it and I think could have eaten their own bag.  Yeah!   

The apple slices have a crunch like an apple but, just lack the juice.  They taste like an apple which both kids like so that was also helpful.  I know my daughter liked it and I think my son liked it but maybe only because it was his only snack alternative.

I think this is a great snack alternative.  It's healthy. It's apples which are healthy and nutritious. A dollar is great plus too.  I would have liked a zip lock bag but that's the only thing I would say is lacking.


I will consider picking these up now on a road trip or snacks for the beach!

Do you have a favorite healthy snack that your kids really like?  I would love to hear about it!

17 comments:

  1. These look like a great healthy snack. The price is so affordable too. Most healthy items are very expensive I think. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had those, but I will make sure to look for I them. I am pretty sure my kids will like them,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure my kid is going to love this, seems like a pretty tasty snack :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great snack so I'm glad your kids liked it. It's so important to find healthy alternatives in a world that's full of junk food.
    Thank you for the post, I will try this snack as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the kind of snack that will make me not to stop snacking. :) it’s healthy so yeah kids and adults like me will love it ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a tasty snack! I'll have to try it out forsure! Thanks for sharing

    xx- www.simplysaidy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sound like a nice snack and good for the car or travel. Getting kids to eat veggies is hard, but just keep hiding them in dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love dried apples as a snack and tend to do it allot before work outs. That's awesome you found them at the dollar store and they both enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughters are so adorable! I've tasted these Natural dried apple before and they are so tasty. I enjoy snacking on them when I'm at my son's games.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum. I love freeze dried fruits. My kids ate them so much! Easy snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does look delicious. My daughter and I really love the dried fruit. I love the apricots the most I think. My daughter prefers pineapple, but apples are good too. I will have to find these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. freeze dried fruits are delicious. these look like great snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like an amazing snack that my girl would love to eat! We love dried fruits...strawberry, mango and apricot are our favourites :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great! Our road trip snacks are chips and things like baby carrots and grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Try banana chips. I am sure your kids will love them. Carrot chips is another great option too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now this looks like a delicious and tasty snack! I'll have to try some for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like a great snack for my 10 year old to try!

    ReplyDelete