All any of us can do is go into the new year with a positive mindset. To go into it any other way is setting ourselves up for disaster. Why would we purposely do that to ourselves? There are already going to be bad days so lets not run out the gate seeking it out.
My new year may not be quite epic but close enough is good enough for me. I will shoot for epic and if I fall slightly short that's ok. At least I aimed for it. At least I set it not as a goal but as motivation.
I do set up objectives. I don't want to call them resolutions because I don't want to and because I don't want to be put in that pot of here's my resolutions and I didn't complete any, some or all of them so; I'm changing the terminology.
Let's just keep it simple. If they are simple I am more likely to take them seriously if I can actually achieve them. Lol and to keep it simple I'm going with lucky number 12. Why? Because there's 12 months so every month I'm responsible for them.
1. One book a month! (Number 12!) This should almost be easy as I'm in a book club so that helps a little.
2. Volunteer- once a month. I will look into local organizations to schedule it ahead of time as much as I can so that stays on track!
3. Organize a week out for posts and more organization for engagement. I picked up a new planner today, yeah!
4. Find time for me without guilt on a weekly.
5. One new recipe weekly!
6. Finish state park visits! (15-16 left)
7. Bucketlist items to be done THIS year. (I didn't do any least year)
8. Water I need to drink more water!! I would love to see the results from actually following through with this. I need to devise a plan and make myself accountable.
9. Random act of kindness monthly. You will only know after its been done. ;)
10. I would like to become more centered. Take things less personal, increase my patience and be more restrained. This will involve more reflection, mediation and maybe even asking for help on my part.
11. I would love to continue outside appreciation. Hiking, pictures and exploring!
12. Monthly craft or DIY project. Remember I did get a couple toys for Christmas!
I would like to think all of these are obtainable but I already know some upcoming changes that are coming and can only think positive and hope for the best that I can stay on track and push through.
I appreciate your encouragement and motivation!
2 more days and its a New Year! Good luck, be safe and have a good year!
What are you most looking forward too this year? A birthday milestone? A trip? Graduation?