Sunday, June 28, 2015

Movies Old School

  Theaters are so yesterday!  Everyone is doing it.  Yes, the theaters are getting better with their spacious reclining leather seats.  Movie viewing is not the same when I sit in a standard cloth covered upright, constricting seat! Although I am easy to pacify with refillable popcorn and a drink.

  Why follow the norm though? Why not try a classic experience?  Those theaters will be there forever.  However the drive-in theaters will not be.  Why miss out on such a great, unique experience?  I now realize how fortunate I was to have grown up surrounded by two fairly close drive-ins. Later in life I moved near home and was close to another 2.  That's a total of 4 within an hour of each other!  My mother lives in Florida and I have even went to them near her down there. Some of them even have double screens!

  Which brings me to my point of how faithful I am to them still to this day.  I looked them up around my current area and they are not close. The closest one is two hours away.


Two hours may not be that far except when a movie gets out at 1 or 2 am.  I had tried to find camping accommodations in the area but that was unsuccessful.  So yes, we did drive all the way home!

  I think my favorite part is double features!! You can't get that at a theater.  One price of $8.50 for adults and $4.00 for childrenand thats for two movies!  We as a family were excited to see both movies; Jurassic World and Pitch Perfect 2.  Now after the movies I can say I was not impressed with one but that is well after the fact.  Check the lineup it is not always easy to line up same rated movies with each other.

  At goochlanddriveintheater there is a fully stocked concession stand with everything you need. Popcorn, nachos, pretzels, hamburgers and soda.  The food alone is great but so are the prices!! (Refillable tea anyone?)  A small kids play area to entertain children until show time which varies based on dusk.  

  Arrive early to pick your best viewing spot and also to ensure you catch your blockbuster movie! (Driving 2 hours for a movie and not seeing it would not be a good thing)
There are lots of seating options.  Inside your vehicle or outside on some chairs, blanket or grass.  I was impressed that this theater had staff walk around to tie down your hatch so people behind you could see the screen.  The movie is only played on a certain radio station at this location versus individual theater speakers you place in your windows.

  Overall great experience by everyone in my family and we will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment