Monday, December 7, 2015

Post op night

  A few weeks ago I shared with you my first mammogram experience.   Veterans Day November 11, 2015 a little less than 2 months before my 40th birthday.  40 the year the doctors want you to get your mammograms.

  I asked to go sooner for a number of reasons. Lol, the first one was not because my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago or that my grandmother whom died when I was a small child had it too or even that my father past a few years ago with cancer.

  Nope, it was because my insurance was paid up and I wouldn't have to spend money.  Stupid or smart of me I am not sure but either way I received a repeat mammogram followed by an ultrasound.  I then got a consult with a very witty doctor whom who put me right at ease.  Whom I am meeting again at 0630 tomorrow.

  Tomorrow I am having a minor surgery.  Call it a biopsy, call it surgery either way I will be asleep for a procedure that will be extracting a piece of me to further examine.
  I am not telling you my business to make you feel sorry for me or my family but for you yourself to be aware of your own health.  Check yourself and have you doctor check you. Get your mammograms on schedule or sooner if you can.

  Thank you for reading! All positive thoughts are appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment