Friday, September 25, 2015

An Apple A Day

  So after we gathered some apples yesterday from our first ever apple picking we will be making some apple creations.  Of course there is no time like the present.  You eagerly scout out new recipes and maybe some classics after you put in such hard work.  In actuality picking apples is an all around hard job compared to picking out a few from a container at the store.  We had to journey down the mountain side,  down the trails, seek out trees with apples still on them, apples within grasp.  It is a lot of work to go into nature and pick your own fruit.  It's not because I have a love for apples but I do enjoy them as an all around good snack and 11 lbs just keeps ringing in my ears so  I refuse to let them spoil amongst all the yummy desserts and items I can cook them into.

  So with an explosive meal to start the apple appreciation event off I present you with oatmeal.  Now tell me did you see that one coming.  The day after an apple picking what better way than to start it off with breakfast.  Although it could have been more elaborate and apples could have been prepared in some kind of coffee cake, pancake or muffin; believe me I will stretch them out to that point to if I can help it.


  Oatmeal is a staple in my house.  It is easy to make.  It is fast.  All the kids eat it.  It is filling.  It is delicious and you can make it into anything you want.  So what better than to start with oatmeal and apple and build up from there.  Hmm, what does that mean the last apple item will be?  I hope its a grand finale from the oatmeal I started with.  Regardless I hope all these upcoming meals are appreciated with all, shared and documented by my kids to pass on if they are so inclined and enjoyed while we create memories making them.
 
  This recipe is pretty basic.  With all oatmeal recipes you at least need oatmeal and water or milk depending on your taste or budget preference.  For your complimentary tastes with apples think: vanilla, cinnamon, maybe maple syrup and cranberries would be a nice touch.

Two little assistants always makes the process faster.


How convenient when you have even measurements for the your assistants to help too.

Not a problem to patiently wait as the cooking apples and cinnamon smell great as the oatmeal simmers.

Breakfast in less than 10 minutes and seconds were requested by my youngest daughter so thats a good sign too.

This recipe came from food.

No comments:

Post a Comment