Friday, December 1, 2017

School with Letter I



  So my printer is on the blitz.  I hate how every few years it seems I need a new one.  So when this happens we have to really take advantage of workbooks, chalkboards, and dry erase boards.  I even found some old sheets I had used with my daughter that were in sheet protectors.

  

  Although I put his letter of the week on his desk we still work on a variety of areas daily.  He learns numbers, as well as math.


  Of course a little tablet or computer time in addition to books, puzzles, crafts and other hands on activities helps pass the time and aid in fun learning.


Take a look at that first picture.  Do you see the ice cubes?  We played Don't Break The Ice! 


In addition to the ice game we played Cooties because cooties are insects!


I spy was played as well.  Some of these were really hard to find but he showed a great persistence in looking.


This worksheet had him coloring leaves based on some of his sight words.


We attempted to make an igloo with mini marshmallows.


I made an island for him but to my disappointment it wasn't not met with much enthusiasm.  It was yogurt I had dyed blue which he didn't care for, nor did he care for the mound of brown sugar.  I don't know what's wrong with that boy.


Lastly, we made ice cream!  He didn't quite follow through with all the necessary shaking but, he did appreciate this snack!

  My biggest struggle for letter I week was books.  On my hunt to find books this week I found there not to be a big selection.  So a lot of books had I this, or I that but only a few exact words. Ice cream, insects and a couple specific names.

So glad letter I is over.  Just before the local ice rinks opened so we will make a special trip to those.

No comments:

Post a Comment