Friday, March 4, 2016

Zootopia (review)



  Disney's new movie Zootopia hit theaters today and I was as excited to see it as my kids were.  Zootopia  rated PG runs for 1 hour and 48 minutes and has a great cast lineup to include: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jason Bateman and singing by Shakira.

  The movie is about when animals live together in their own world.  They live in cities, town and countries together getting along with all species regardless of predator or prey status.  In living in your world there comes jobs that need to be manned such as cops, farmers and mayors.

  The overall movie motivates you to do what makes you happy.  Be true to yourself.  You don't need to settle.  If your ambition is to be an police officer than work towards that goal and do it to the best of your ability.  Expect hurdles as that is realistic but work through that to accomplish your goal.

  Don't assume you know something about someone or a species because everyone is different.  Of course when your young and grow up your outlook on life changes.  We do mature with age and realize what's important and what's not.

  Some spots in this movie did surprise me.  We actually viewed this movie in 3D so that didn't help with some parts.  My daughter (the 5yo) did jump at parts that jumped unexpectedly at her.  Parts were a little darker and scary then what she expected.  She did state when the movie was over she didn't like the scary parts.  Some animals did get mean and attack.  There were growls and pouncing motions.  My 3 yo didn't cover his eyes nor make any comments but he did remove his glasses for most of the movie so maybe he didn't quite catch the same image, he didn't understand it, or it didn't bother him.

  Over all I did like the animation.  I like the characters.  I do believe the sloth parts was my favorite. Lots of jokes sprinkled through it that kids will not catch that adults will.  I probably would not rent this movie from Redbox but if we did I anticipate my daughter covering her eyes on the darker parts.

  It was a good movie. Maybe better for kids over 5 but you know your child better than anyone.  Perhaps if we didn't view this movie in 3D it may not have been quite as scary.  A majority of the movie is pleasant about 20% spread out is the parts that concerned me the most for being a child's movie.

  Regardless of my opinion.  I leave it up to you.  Would love to know how you felt after seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment