Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving Eve

  The night before the feast!  Another checklist comes out.  First checklist this week was groceries.  Now it's about the meal plan. 

What's being made, what time it's getting done, or when it needs to be done.  It's essential to get all the ingredients organized the night before when the stores are still open to grab something last minute.  Don't forget that main ingredient no matter what it is.  For us it's the turkey!

Turkey getting that bird in early for a late lunch! 

It really doesn't matter how big it is.  My family will eat it all.

Potatoes will accompany the meal!


Mashed potatoes please and lots of butter.

Acorn squash


It's what I grew up eating so it's what we will still be eating!

Cranberry sauce the jelly kind because I hear less grumbles from the kids.


I swear this is the best treat on the holidays.

Gravy.

Not a fan but others are so I aim to please.

Sweet potatoes for little ones that don't realize it's a vegetable!


Of course if you add some brown sugar and marshmallows doesn't that make it a dessert?

Rolls because one child only functions on bread.

Stuffing another childhood favorite.  Homemade and simple.

Lastly, Pumpkin Pie because it's necessary!


Pie done, the rest will get made tomorrow!  Have a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating.  Be safe, thankful and enjoy!

#nablopomo



12 comments:

  1. Oh yum, this all sounds and looks delicious! Pumpkin pie sounds divine!!! Enjoy you meal tomorrow.

    Lennae xxx
    www.lennaesworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! Are you cooking this all by yourself? I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got a great Thanksgiving menu! Ours was actually really similar this year and it was delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our meal is usually always the same. I may start the week saying or thinking I'm going to try something new but, nope it never happens.

      Delete
  4. Yum, looks like your Thanksgiving meal will be a tasty one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, hit publish before I was finished. Your menu looked like ours, only we also had green beans, carrots, rolls, and a salad. Nothing like pigging out on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had more color then I with some pretty green and orange. Did you make your rolls? I don't usually make rolls but I swear everytime we get them it's a different brand.

      Delete
    2. You had more color then I with some pretty green and orange. Did you make your rolls? I don't usually make rolls but I swear everytime we get them it's a different brand.

      Delete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! You prepated sometjing delicious, and I could smell its delight way across the globe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I like that you could smell it acrossi the globe. Maybe next year or one of these years I can just be on the other side of the globe!

      Delete
  7. Happy thanksgiving and I hope you enjoyed the food with family and friends and wishing you a relaxed weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I bet, all your guests would have loved your recipes.

    ReplyDelete