Friday, December 9, 2016

9 Days of 30 Day Fitness Challenge Recap


  So at the beginning of the month I made a couple goals.  One of those goals was to workout in one way or the other for the month of Dec.  Yes, I did workout before but never everyday. Never with the mindset that I had to get a workout in EVERY day.  Never have I ever worked out with a purpose everyday until now.

Here's what 9 days of working out looks like!

Day 1 I started on the elliptical.



Day 2 I swam laps for 30 minutes.
 


 
Day 3 I worked out at home but not alone!
 



Day 4 I ran on the treadmill.
 


 
Day 5 I rowed 5000m.


Day 6 I took a Piloxing class.
 

 
Day 7 I swam sat in the hot tub and spent minutes in the sauna.
 


Day 8 on the bike.


Day 9 also on the bike.

 
 
 
  I would like to say that's a pretty productive 9 days.  Some of my cardio days included weight training with an exception of the class and swimming days.  I alternate between legs, arms and abs.  This second week I started with protein shakes in the morning and even meal prepped my lunches for the week.
 
  I am not looking for major changes although some pants have slid on a little better then they used to; that's kind of nice let's just be honest.  The scale hasn't moved but, you know what they say its about how your clothes fit!  I just want to condition my body and tone it.  I wanted to set a challenge/goal for myself and 30 days of fitness sounded like a good place to start.  9 days down 3 weeks to go!  See what I did there?  The weeks were less then the days so I am fooling myself.
 
 
  If you feel motivated to join me I would love to hear your goals whether they are fitness related or not.  What are you currently challenging yourself with?  Finish reading one more book before the end of the month?  Finish shopping a week ahead of Christmas?  
 

18 comments:

  1. Great work! I wish I was this motivated lol working out always seems to be on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you did a great work! I want to start a workout program too, but I think I do not have enough motivation yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock! Good job on mixing up the muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some good goals though! Results don't normally show until after a few weeks I believe. It has to also go hand in hand with dieting. Some people think they can eat all they want and work out twice as hard, not taking into consideration that there are certain foods that can hinder us from working out. I personally am working on eating healthier. I never have energy to work out. Always walking though. Have you considered tracking your workouts using a fitbit or some of the fitness apps. I believe a few even help set goals for you and pay you to reach your goals. Best wishes with achieving your goals

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do feel motivated to join you! Right now, I am just doing Zumba twice a week. I'll have to set some goals for me. After the first of the year, I'll be doing a vegan cleanse and that will be a good time to put together an exercise program.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to do a 30 day fitness challenge myself. I failed miserably after Day 5. Because that was a scheduled 'rest day' and after that day, I could not get back on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on such great work! =) what a great way to start 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go! I often do 30 days and every time I have I felt amazing benefits! Such a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, you did awesome!! I tend to just try to jog daily and keep it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! I hate working out so the most exercise I get is checking the mail. I really need to work on that. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Working our everyday in December is a great idea. The holiday season can be stressful. All that working out could really help with stress management as well as with fitness goals. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Love your marathon fitness plan. And admire your will to executing on it! Congratulations and wish you the best to keep up the awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done you! I love your fitness plan xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for you! I don't even look at the scale anymore. I go by how my clothes fit me. I do yoga so I set a goal to do an hour of yoga at least 4 days out of the week. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats!! I should really start a weight loss/fitness challenge!! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You go girl! I've been making my mission to workout 6 days a week. You feel so much better all around!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on getting in shape. I need to do this too. I could go for the hot tub.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes I am running on the treadmill and lifting weights for the last 3 months .It's a doable routine for me and as you said the clothes for a little better and you feel more energetic. Spending time on yourself to be healthier is the best investment of time .Great job.

    ReplyDelete