Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Star (DIY)


  One of the bloggers I follow had my attention with a project that was posted the other day.  I was so inspired that I convinced myself that I could do it.  First trip was to the local hardware store!


I looked over several racks of wood and even went to another store to look as well.  I guess I hadn't quite committed yet if I didn't make an initial purchase at the first store.

I did buy the wood though and took it home even though they do cut wood there!

It was measured. 


It was cut.


I did neither!  I would have cut it though.  Was even planning on sawing it the old fashion way if need be.  


I sprayed this one silver but have plans to paint another one gold and stain another one.  I will make a different wood choice as well.

I had to line up the pattern that I wanted.  I think this was the hardest part.


Then I nailed the boards together.  There was some shifting of the wood and I nailed in other areas then the obvious points.


I'm still happy with the end result though.  I used indoor spray paint that said to let it dry for 15 minutes so that's 30 minutes total but the rest of the project went by fairly quickly.

So what do you think?  Do you think you'll be making one for yourself or an in-law?

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I don't think I'm as ambitious as you are! I bet lining up the wood is harder than it looks, and your star looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha that lining up part was a pain in the butt. Thank you the end result erased the frustration.

      Delete
  2. Wow- looks great! I am so hopeless at anything DIY so I am super impressed by u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful DIY work and I think you have done a remarkable job. Just adding few more colors, stickers and other decor options would make it a wonderful craft for Christmas at home!

    ReplyDelete