Friday, December 16, 2016

Playroom Prep Review



  I was recently presented with the opportunity to add a new book to our school day.  Currently we use a variety of printables as well as items I have on hand. The Playroom Prep book was a nice change.  It encouraged learning a little differently and it was nice to save on ink!


  He is learning the alphabet, shapes, colors and numbers.  Along with scissor skills, gluing, coloring and other hand and eye exercises.  He is also playing, crafting and enjoying learning!

  He enjoys going to school at home with his mom!  I think he understands the concept and appreciates the end result. Not to mention everyday is a surprise. What will I learn today?  What new letter will it be?


  The Playroom Prep book is a sturdy book with rings making it easy to flip to the next page and stay there!



 Each page is filled with bright colors and encourages a different action to be taken.  The whole book is reusable; so write and wipe!   Discuss the color, shape, letter, trace the items with a finger then a crayon.  My son can identify the shape. So to encourage him to think more I ask questions.  Can you find something else in the same shape.  What color is this shape? What else is that color.

  This book can aide in your teaching process at home.  Follow the 3 steps: prepare, discuss and trace.  The planning page located in the back of the book saves you from planning.


 Even if you switch the letters and days around you can work with the letter of choice and stick with the pages already provided and organized in the book.

  Add this to your home library and start using it in your teaching process.  Order your copy here.  I appreciate the ability to wipe the book clean and be able to reuse.  The pictures are nice and appealing.  The graphics are easily identifiable for all kids.  This is a great already organized book.  When you don't have time to plan it's all ready for you.  As my child grows we will continue to use it and change what we are learning from it.

  I was provided this book free for my honest review and all opinions are my own.

14 comments:

  1. The Playroom Prep book looks like a wonderful resource to have for the kiddos. I love how the pages are reusable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous! I wish I had something like this when my kids were smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ability to clean and reuse is a wonderful feature for those with younger children in the wings, who will need this material when it is their turn to start schooling. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great addition to books for children. Its engaging and seems fun (:

    xoxo
    Isaly Holland
    www.memoriesbyisaly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing. I wish all the kiddos I work with had resources like this available to them before they enrolled in Kindergarten! Closing the achievement gap begins long before the kids are in the K-12 system!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The playroom prep book looks like a great resource. It makes learning interactive and fun. And it has a sturdy build.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always great to have fun, interactive activities for children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds neat, looks great for interaction and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic resource to help little ones learn! Great interactive tool for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds great. My sister needs to start preparing my nephew's playroom soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This seems like a resource we could totally use in our household. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great resource. I know so many home schoolers and parents who need to work with their children at home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great resource for children and it looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like an awesome resources for the kiddos. Bet they are loving it!

    ReplyDelete