Sunday, December 4, 2016

Pictures Speak (Botanical Gardens)

 

  We are members of the local botanical gardens.  I enjoy this membership as its one place that is always changing.  It changes with the season as well as the holiday.  You may even get an exhibit passing through that stops there for a period of time.  Over all however you get to experience the freedom to roam, see what's growing at the present time and stop to smell the Roses!


I love a good tree.  They all have their own personality.  With or without leaves the gardens have an abundance of trees just like flowers.


Beautiful historic bridges that also make a great photographic backdrop.


Caterpillars are in abundance in the summer time.  I even got too see some I have never seen before.


If you keep your eyes open  you will see more then just caterpillars and butterflies.


A squirrel in the tree in such a odd way had us talking about camouflage.


Our Rose gardens bloom twice a year! Lol, I said our like I had a part in this.


A wildflower field is another great photographic backdrop as well as see the variety of flowers in a wild and carefree area.


It's not all about the flowers and trees.  Random berries or seeds decorate the trees making them unique.

Lastly, there is always time to stop and smell the Rose's!


Now that the holiday season is here we will go back to take a ride through the gardens at night with the holiday lights.

16 comments:

  1. We love to visit botanical gardens wherever we go. The fresh smell of the trees and flowers make it all worthwhile not to mention their beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I love visiting botanical gardens. There is nothing more beautiful than being close to the nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous pictures! We actually had a botanical garden on my college campus and I would go there often to read or just have some quiet time to myself. It was really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! I haven't been to a botanical garden in years. I should check one out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love visiting the local botanical gardens. We are members of the one in Brooklyn and they always have such beautiful plants and flowers! So peaceful!
    xo Jessica
    www.whatsfordinneresq.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a famous tourist place (botanical garden) here in Kolkata, India. I never visited there but its a beautiful sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could only imagine the beauty there. I have visited other gardens and there is definitely no garden alike.

      Delete
  7. I love to visit botanical gardens. It's so uplifting. We have some here in Florida and my husband and I have visited them several times.

    Beth || www.TheStyleBouquet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not been to a botanical garden since I was in Copenhagen in July. You've made me want to look for one near here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's neat to see what's growing. Seeing the Roses twice a year is pretty neat.

      Delete
  9. This place would definitely be great to visit with my nieces. There's a botanical garden in my area but I haven't visited it for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My younger kids like it. There's an entire kids area and a splash pad in there as well. They have kids summer camp, activities and bike nights!

      Delete
  10. We are lucky enough to have a botanical garden right in our town. And better yet, they're free the first Tuesday of the month! I love to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is no nearest bonitanical garden at my place that's why I always take the opportunity to enjoy it when I got that chance. You are very lucky to be a member :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last time I was at a botanical garden should be years back, a school trip or so -- I miss seeing one, super pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your botanical gardens. We live rural now so we don't get in to see the ones in the city as often as we'd like too. I need to go and see the Christmas lights at them.

    ReplyDelete