Thursday, December 29, 2016

2017 is Going to be Epic


2017

  All any of us can do is go into the new year with a positive mindset.  To go into it any other way is setting ourselves up for disaster.  Why would we purposely do that to ourselves?  There are already going to be bad days so lets not run out the gate seeking it out.

  My new year may not be quite epic but close enough is good enough for me.  I will shoot for epic and if I fall slightly short that's ok.  At least I aimed for it.  At least I set it not as a goal but as motivation.

  I do set up objectives.  I don't want to call them resolutions because I don't want to and because I don't want to be put in that pot of here's my resolutions and I didn't complete any, some or all of them so; I'm changing the terminology.

  Let's just keep it simple.  If they are simple I am more likely to take them seriously if I can actually achieve them.  Lol and to keep it simple I'm going with lucky number 12. Why?  Because there's 12 months so every month I'm responsible for them.

  My objectives:

1.  One book a month! (Number 12!)  This should almost be easy as I'm in a book club so that helps a little.


2.  Volunteer- once a month.  I will look into local organizations to schedule it ahead of time as much as I can so that stays on track!

3.  Organize a week out for posts and more organization for engagement.  I picked up a new planner today, yeah!


4.  Find time for me without guilt on a weekly.  

5.  One new recipe weekly!



6.  Finish state park visits! (15-16 left)

7.  Bucketlist items to be done THIS year. (I didn't do any least year)


8.  Water I need to drink more water!! I would love to see the results from actually following through with this.  I need to devise a plan and make myself accountable.


9.  Random act of kindness monthly.  You will only know after its been done. ;)

10.  I would like to become more centered.  Take things less personal,  increase my patience and be more restrained.  This will involve more reflection, mediation and maybe even asking for help on my part.

11.  I would love to continue outside appreciation. Hiking, pictures and exploring! 


12. Monthly craft or DIY project.  Remember I did get a couple toys for Christmas! 


  I would like to think all of these are obtainable but I already know some upcoming changes that are coming and can only think positive and hope for the best that I can stay on track and push through.

  I appreciate your encouragement and motivation! 

  2 more days and its a New Year! Good luck, be safe and have a good year! 

What are you most looking forward too this year? A birthday milestone? A trip? Graduation?


16 comments:

  1. I am soooo extremely excited for the New Year. 2017 is gonna be an EXCELLENT year. I've planted and watered so many seeds in 2016 and I just can't wait to see them grow. I've actually planned out all of my content for the YEAR. Lol. I'd like to engage in more nature activities as well and volunteer at least once per month. Best of wishes to you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your seeds have been sown and watered! That's a beautiful statement.

      Delete
  2. Some great goals. I love the planner, I need to get organised this year. Although I say that every year !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be starting college in January and I'm super nervous but pretty excited as well, so that's top of my list.
    Best of luck in 2017, happy new year in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. College will keep you busy that's for sure. Good luck in your studies!!

      Delete
  4. I like the new recipe a week and a new book a month thing :) Definitely something I'm adding to my list of to-do's for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with this! I love to read so I hope to read more in 2017. I also need to drink more water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of setting objectives for the year.. I just did a live video talking about how your resolutions/goals should be things that really resonate with you, no things you just think you "should" be doing. And then, beating yourself up for not doing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree. I think some people make a list because others did. Don't make one if you don't want to. It is quite alright.

      Delete
  7. These are great...I've been trying to finish up my goals for 2017. I really love yours for volunteering and reading actually. I've been wanting to read more but never make it a goal. I have added both of these to my list...thanks for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first book club of the year meets next Saturday so I will have one book under my belt by the end of the first week of 2017!

      Delete
  8. Wow, I love your goals! I have some of the same, reading a book a month and drinking more water top the list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got some great objectives for the new year! I think I'm definitely going to incorporate more volunteering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving your new year goal list! I plan on spending more time relaxing and being happy as well (:

    xoxo
    Isaly Holland
    www.memoriesbyisaly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for happiness! I need more and I need to realize when I am.

      Delete
  11. Oh I hope that you can aim this list with an A! Recently I joined a volunteering work for our community and am planning to do it monthly.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete