Thursday, December 22, 2016

Sing (movie review)



  Off to the movies we went yesterday.  There's nothing I like more then to catch a new movie then getting to see it on matinee prices!   Well I do like to see an adult movie and I do like to see a good movie but I can do that on a matinee price too so I guess that is still the best way to see a movie.

  The kids and I headed out to catch the movie Sing. Sing is an animated musical film rated PG and runs for 1 hour and 50 minutes.  The cast includes voices from: Matthew McConaughey, Scarlett Johansson, Rhea Perlmen  and Jennifer Hudson to name a few.


  The movie is comprised of a variety of animals ranging from koalas, giraffes, pigs, elephants, mice and more.  The animals all have an ability to sing; some better then others but when a reward for a talent show presents itself along with a prize of $100,000 animals come from everywhere to participate.

  Kids will enjoy the animals singing.  Adults and kids will enjoy both classic and current songs.  We have all seen the commercials but there are plenty more well known songs throughout the movie.

  You see some ingenuity from one animal so that they can participate in the show.  An animal chooses not to follow the family business and pursue their opportunity.  One animal proves that small packages carry a lot more then it appears. Another animal even eventually breaks out of her shell.

  This movie was ok.  My kids sat through it: meaning no potty breaks or fidgeting.  I was entertained by the music.  You already know it's going to be music based because it focuses on a theater. There is drama with the animals, lying, cheating and stealing.  The animals come together for a common goal. They forgive and forget and decide the show must go on.

  Nice movie to sing some songs and enjoy family time before the big day this weekend.  If your done shopping that is!

  Have a great weekend and if you do stop to see the movie drop me a message to let me know what you thought.

8 comments:

  1. It sounds as thought you had a lovely family day out! The cast of the movie is huge - I'll definitely have to check it out!! x

    https://www.twentysomethingmuddle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been pretty excited about Sing. Hopefully we enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heading to the movies is usually always a fun time! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking my kids to animated movies anytime as that brings so much excitement to them. Sing sounds like a wonderful movie and with animals being involved this is going to be so much fun for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful review. I still have to bring my nephews to go and see it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We saw it this weekend and it was so cute. I really want them to make a part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard great things, can't wait to see it for myself

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched SING this weekend and loved it! Thanks for sharing the wonderful review of the movie!

    ReplyDelete