Saturday, January 7, 2017

Under the Weather Advisory


  I knew the snow was coming.  The whole country knew so it was not a surprise.  I patiently waited and the kids impatiently waited.

  The area started to slow down. People gathered their supplies or took them all.


  Then we waited it out.  By the time we went to bed we saw snow falling and slowly starting to stick to the car.

    Then we woke up to this.


The kids wait and wait for this so they can play, build and roll in it!  VA snow lacks in the building department so they played and rolled.

I don't know if it was declared yet but we are in a state of emergency.

We can't get our cars out.


  Inches of snow have made it hard for us to get out of the house.


  Thankfully the plows and dump trucks are working hard to clear the snow so that we can resume some normalcy.


Of course the kids are holding their breath to see about school in 2 days but we already know how that goes. 1 day of snow equals 2 days off.  Virginia does have plows but is environmentally friendly and relies heavily on direct natural solar power.

Did you receive snow?  How much did you get?  Did you do anything fun with or in the snow?

17 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow, my God I think UK would stop completely if we ever had that much snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's amazing, it looks like my dream right there! I bet the kids had a blast and are praying for even more snow days! Enjoy the snow! Nikki x

    www.twentysomethingmuddle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, they didnt need to pray very long. They have another snow day tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Ohh how I love the idea of playing in the snow. But knowing the reality of it, it makes me feel glad that we don't have snow in the Philippines. A lot of people will be super affected (or others might die) and i don't like that idea.

    Always be safe and stock up supplies before storm came.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't get very much snow but because of where we live, they have cancelled school since Friday! It's crazy. Because where I live, the snow has all melted. But apparently the sun doesn't hit some places so there is still ICE in places where buses are supposed to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's why we have one more day off. To let the sun help out some more. Because the school district is so big. The more rural areas are worse off then the busier areas.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your snow! We don't get much of it in Texas. But when I lived in Wyoming, we had TONS of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow that is a ton of snow! Makes me want to build a fort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we had snowfall. The part of the world where I am, the lowest it goes is to 6 degrees. No snow! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right now I'm living in Benin, so no snow! However we have a thick, seasonal dust wind that comes this time of year. But it's still super hot out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a dust wind does not sound good. Is this a daily or random season occurrence?

      Delete
  9. It snowed over the weekend as well for us. My son had a basketball games. Besides that, I was able to watch movies and drink hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how wonderful! We don't really get snow here in Australia, it looks like so much fun. However I'm sure it's a pain when your snowed in. I hope it isn't too bad where you are.

    Lennae xxx
    www.lennaesworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. We got it too in Oklahoma. Friday and Saturday we have a big ice storm coming in. I want more Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh boy! That's too much of snow! I miss snow as I stay in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My city was panicking last week about all the snow we were supposed to have. There was a state of emergency and everything. And you know what happened? Nothing?! It was a bright sunny clear day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have been getting lots of sub zero temperatures lately but it looks we are getting some break in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete