Monday, January 2, 2017

Goodbye 2016

  2016 is gone, right?  It can't come back, right?  Because I would hate for it to come back just so I could make the same mistakes again.  In all actuality it just sometimes takes a couple tries to get it right.

  Some good things that happened this year:

-one child got her braces removed (yeah it's been a few years).

- I completed 30 days of fitness (another yeah).

-I turned 40 (I have yet to feel if that was a good thing or not but I can't go back with that so I'm just dealing with it).

-I read more books (I did lose count  maybe 15-20 but I'm going to keep track this year).

-joined 3 social groups which greatly help my hermit self come out.

-I did more things solo.  Lol, now after the hermit part you may be confused but, let me tell you I have no problem seeing a movie, hiking, cycling or going out to eat by myself.  I'm scared of people talking to me.  I can go hang out with them as a wallflower.

-cycled 50 miles one day.

A few things I WON'T miss from 2016:

-my lack of patience in everything from kids, driving, life etc.

-anxiety before, during and after events that I attended.  I'm working on getting out there and being more approachable as well as making conversation with people.

-stress fracture I had at the beginning of the year which started at the end of 2015.

-turning 40.

-a few too many arguments with a few too many people.

What did you like the most in 2016?  What did you least like from 2016?


16 comments:

  1. I love that there were more positives that negatives! Congrats on a great 2016. 2016 wasn't the best year for me but I did travel in the USA for 6 weeks and get a promotion so it wasn't all bad. Wishing you lots of happiness for 2017. Nikki x

    http://www.twentysomethingmuddle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had quite an eventful year!
    2016 was filled with a rollercoaster of emotions for me. With the US election, there was just so much anxiety around us. But, at the same time, in my own little bubble, I married my best friend and made a huge move across country. So, like you, good and bad! <3

    Now on to 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading books is the best! I love doing that.

    I hope 2017 will be a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have had quite a year. Congrats on your book reading and fitness goals being reached! Here's to 2017!

    Beth || www.TheStyleBouquet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list. Congrats on your successes. I loved that I started a blog in 2016. I hated that I didn't slow down enough to enjoy more lazy days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the 30 days of Fitness idea. Maybe i'll give that a try this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like you had a very eventful year! Reading books is so great. I
    m hoping to have some more time to read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't read as many books this year. My goal is to always read at least twelve. I am defiantly going to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing that I didn't like about 2016 is the constant stress but I did like that I was able to make great life changes.


    Isaly Holland | http://www.memoriesbyisaly.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. 40 is the new 30! You have a fantastic 2016 and I wish that you will rock 2017 like a diva :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a fun and adventurous 2016! I like reading books, especially mystery and romantic genre.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you had a great year, wishing you the very best in 2017

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a lot of good things that happened this past year. Kudos to you. Have a Happy New Year for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2016 was a mixed bag. Well, I too turned 35 and I learnt an important lesson. That not everyone's opinion matters. Great reading about your 2016. Wishing you the best in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2016 was a very mixed year for a lot of poeple, yours seems to have more positives in it so thats good. I felt like mine was bad but really thats just because it ended very badly but when I think about it the rest of the year was actaully pretty good for me

    ReplyDelete