Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Book Club New Book Reveal


  So I stepped out of my box my introvert box, my warm and cozy anti-social box and joined a book club.  So far we have read 2 books for the end of last year and we are currently on our 2nd for this year.  My 1st book of the year with the club ended up in a cancelled meetup because of the weather so we are going to catch up on two books at the Feb meeting.

  This month we are reading The Goldfinch.


The Goldfinch is written by Donna Tartt.  A fiction, a #1 national bestseller, winner of Pulitzer Prize and from what I have been told a book that's been on a few people's must read lists!

  Lucky me, as I hadn't heard of the book before.  That's one perk of this book club.  I'm reading books I would have never selected, generes I have never read from and authors I didn't know.

This book when I picked it up intimidated me.  It's the biggest book I have ever had in my hands.  962 pages!!  I didn't think that I could even read say anything about understand and follow a plot of something so long.

I walked out of the library with the audio version to possibly help me along.  That has over 20 cd's so I have to pick my battles.  Bound and determined to finish this book I have broke it down into sections and hope to be done by the weekend.

So far I like the book and at page 350 I think I can say that with confidence.  I still know what happened in the beginning and look forward to completing this book.

After all my hard work at the completion of this reading I will be posting a review but until then.  


  What's the longest book you ever read?  Was it worth it in the end?  How did you find time to read all of it?

11 comments:

  1. I think the longest book I've ever read had to have been Crime and Punishment, but I loved it so much by the time I got to the end I was so sad! haha

    xx Heather | stormywheather.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't know The Goldfinch was 962 pages. Most of the books I read average around 400 pages with the longest being Honeymoon, by James Patterson. It was the hardback version. Your method to break it down in sections is a good approach. I normally set a goal of when I want to finish a book and break it down by number of chapters per day to completion. Good luck with your reading journey. It sounds like you have a handle on finishing The Goldfinch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of joining a book club once I move to New Mexico as I way to step out of my little introvert bubble. I love reading just seems like the perfect fit. I don't know, I've read long books most about 600-700 pages I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently read again two books of Kevin Kwan series for my upcoming post :) You book is interesting. I will check my local library for a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a long book. I think the longest book I've ever read was Gone With The Wind. I can't recall how long it was, but it was pretty darn thick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really long book but if it's interesting will keep your attention until the very last page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great read and does look like the book is that long either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang that's a long book! I don't know if I have ever read anything that long!I hope you can stick it through! It sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love getting book reviews to read (: I think the longest book I have read was 600 pages. You are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey that's a nice book and 962 pages does sound like a big book. I used to be such a book-worm but hardly get time to read in peace. I think the longest book I read must have been 'Lord of the Rings'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The longest book which I have ever read and still reading is 'A Song of ice and fire - Game of Thrones' by George R.R. Martin!

    ReplyDelete