Looking back at 2016 and I decided to share my 10 favorites of the year! In no particular order.
1. My son's birthday cake. I was pretty impressed with selecting a cake in the world of Pinterest and make it happen.
2. Deciding and cycling 50 miles on a local bike trail. I felt good going out the gate. I never had a doubt I wouldn't finish. I did finish with some sore legs but surprisingly no pain the next day!
3. I started out the year wanting to catch a movie every week. I did pretty good for the first few months but after that life got in the way. However my favorite movie of the year was Moana!
4. I got crafty this year and made more crafts and DIY projects then prior years. I was pretty proud of the fall mat I made.
5. One of my favorite songs were Unsteady by X Ambassadors and Rise Up by Andra Day. These two songs have been played in my house enough that the littlest of people even know it. It also never gets old and always gets turned up when it plays on the radio.
6. I ran out and got a cup of coffee from Luke's Diner at Stars Hollow. No, I'm just kidding I didn't see Lorelai either at my local pop up coffee shop sponsored by Netflix for the 16th anniversary of Gilmore Girls.
8. Grey's Anatomy will always be a hit until.... we won't talk about that. I'm not even prepared for the show to end so let me just enjoy that it's still here!
9. The Amazon Firestick. Oh my what a device. So many movies and not enough time. Its cheaper to enjoy movies at home even when I almost always go to the $5 matinee but I do miss that movie buttery popcorn. I love picking almost any movie I want to watch. My kids have even enjoyed several movies and shows from Amazon.
10. My favorite books of the year were several. So I tried to pick a couple from different genres.
Nonfiction: Wild The story biographical story of a journey on the Pacific Crest Trail.
Humor: Mother Can You Not centers around a mother and daughter, their relationship as a mother and child from the childhood of the daughter to adulthood.
Thank you 2016 we did have some good times and I won't forget you. No pressure 2017 let's see what you've got.