Friday, February 3, 2017

Helping Hands with Edmarc



  Helping hands will be a look at how we are helping our community.  At the beginning of the year I had expressed one of my 2017 goals was to volunteer more.  Volunteering can be done by anyone and everyone.  It doesn't just involve financial support, you can donate items, assist in tasks, read books or even take a walk and visit.  You can volunteer for animals or with people, a charity or an organization with a cause.

    Today I want to share with who we helped, what we did and how we helped.


  Edmarc is a children's hospice organization.  A few years ago my older girls and I had volunteered with this group helping out during a fall festival.  We had a great time seeing all the costumes and smiles.  So when I decided to volunteer this year Edmarc was on my list to help in some way.

  Edmarc helps childen and their parents cope.  They provide support, home care and smiles.  Edmarc offers various programs for the children and their families throughout the year as well as fundraisers.  These special events offer a happy outlet and a way to celebrate the holidays that may be overlooked due to medical concerns.  It's a time and a place for the kids and their parents to unwind and relax for that moment in time.

  Shopping this weekend brought me to my donation for Edmarc.  What do kids like?  Toys, games and rides.  They like to smile, laugh and have fun.  When they are sick none of these things happen or they happen less frequently.  I choose to donate toys.  A bear or a doll to snuggle with.  Something to squeeze when they are lonely, sad or in pain.

  I recently ran across a great deal at Kohls.  The toys without the books for their Kohls Cares program were on clearance.  They were marked down from $5.00 to $1.50.


 Madeline, Curdoroy and Paddington were all there to choose from.  They made me smile so I know they would make the little people smile. I bought some and dropped them off at Edmarc for the kids!


  You are more then welcome to join with me this month and support Edmarc or a organization near you.  If not find a small way, a convenient way (for you) to make a difference.

16 comments:

  1. Wow what a great project! I really want to get myself more into volunteering so I should stop just talking about it... this is a great possibility :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great thing to do, well done for contributing! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful to do. I really need to start volunteering more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very special heartfelt awareness. Children hospice, I did not know it existed. I am happy you are giving back and showing kindness to others. Beautify writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, reading this brought so much joy to me! I love seeing people out there making a difference, especially for children. Good for you, and wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think showing my kids they can help other kids makes it more relatable. It is however nice to be anything and pitch in.

      Delete
  6. Thats great that you are involved in helping hands! Its such a great organization

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you for volunteering! I hope may inspire many people, good luck and cheers for your success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great to inspire more local people to help out a little bit.

      Delete
  8. What a great idea. You are amazing for volunteering, I am sure the kids will be happy with their toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are happy too. The Paddington I picked up the day before has been kidnapped several times by the kids for sleepovers. Toys of our past never get old.

      Delete
  9. Teaching children about helping others can go a long way in building up more empathy in children. Beautiful way to parent !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a kind gesture. We have been looking to volunteer more in our area - I will definitely be looking to Kohl's for deals if we decide to work with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely want to start volunteering more as well! I told my husband that we need to start volunteering at the local state park, spending time in the woods and helping out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful post. Helping other people really is a great thing to do. It makes you feel good knowing that uoi just made a difference to other people life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to give back. I have never heard of EDMARC but plan to find one near us. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete