Monday, February 6, 2017

Big Little Lies (book review)



  I just finished my 5th book of the year.  It was Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.  This was the second book of hers that I have read.  She has a knack for storytelling.  She has a special way of giving you a little bit and pulls you through the majority of a book with just little bits until you get to the peak of the story.

  I find this tactic very challenging.  It makes reading a book very hard for me.  I desperately hold on trying to get to who, what, where and when.  In both books it was worth the wait but it was a challenge to get past nonetheless.

  The story circles around 3 women with different lifestyles, backgrounds and relationships.  There's Jane the single mom new to the posh area looking for new beginnings and future lazy beach days. Madeline someone can appreciate hard work and education.  A mom remarried and finding balance with your ex husband and his new family at your child's school.  Lastly Celeste whom is the lady everyone wants to be.  Wakes up perfect everyday, has the best house husband and a set of twins.

  The story is filled with a swarm of kindergarten moms who actually behave worse then their kids.  Who said their weren't clicks as an adult?  These ladies support each other, encourage each other and backstab and murder for each other.

  Overall I liked the book and would say it was a nice read but I hated the drawn out process.  I just wanted to get to the point.  The author has a fun dialogue with other characters in the book and once I caught on I could see how the book was going to continue so expectations were controlled but I would have like more information prior to the climax of the story.

  Have you read this book?  Did you enjoy it?

12 comments:

  1. I love to read, but I haven't read this one yet. No surprise tho that grownups act worse than kids LOL! xoxo Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when books are drawn out for no other reason than to make it longer. And you've read 5 books this year? Oh my gosh, I just finished my first one. I used to be able to read a book every other day and now it takes a month or so to read one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have read that many. I'm on the 2nd one for the week. It used to take me forever but I'm doing better now (and staying up late). I'm not letting the kids be an excuse anymore.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this book yet but I think I will give it a try. I admire people who are so good in finding time to read books, I hope I can be like them. - Anosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of my daughter who has nothing else to do and can gobble her books up in days.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this but it definitely sounds like an interesting (and frustrating!) writing style. I'll have to look into it a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished one book so far and looking for a good book to read. I like the title of this book and might check this one out to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds pretty good. Great job being on you 5th book of the year already. I need to start reading more to catch up with you. There are so many books that I have on my list to read but I seem to have a hard time finding the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds an interesting books and a worth reading. I would check this out, I will share this with my sister too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a sister to share books with but I pass on my opinions to my friends.

      Delete
  8. I have a hard time with the drawn-out process as well. It makes it really hard for me to keep reading a book because it takes so long to get through. Thanks for the review!

    Kaitlyn
    www.mypostpartumlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will finish the book that I am reading now and a check this one out, looks interesting , thank you for sharing .

    ReplyDelete