Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ink and Bone (book review)

Ink and BoneInk and Bone by Lisa Unger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ink and Bone was selected off the shelf by myself on a spontaneous trip to the library to shut my oldest child up. She had run out of books and was begging to get new books. I picked this book based on the title alone as I was not familiar with this author. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.

The story is based in a small mystery town in good old upstate NY. The story circles around one man character Finley. Finley is a young women trying to get an understanding of what is expected of her and still try to hold on to being her own unique person. She covers her body with tattoos. Tattoos of her dreams, her story, the unsolved mysteries of her life. Of course her close relationship with the tattoo artist doesn't hurt.

This is a book you need to pay attention to when you read it. Some parts as you read it don't make sense until the end. The end fits all the pieces together and makes a complete picture.

I don't enjoy reading a book that flips to different scenes and different people every other chapter. It's hard to jump back in if I put the book down for a period of time and then pick it back up.

I did like the story as it was descriptive enough for me to visual the whole story. There was enough mystery to keep me wanting to read and solve the mysteries along the way. I liked the realistic main character. She was believable. A young 20 women whom thinks she knows everything or feels independent enough but still needs help. Smart enough to admit she needs help but strong enough to step out on limb to make an attempt to do what she needs to do.

I felt closure at the end of the book with the characters in it and feel like there's room and a lead into another book which I would read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment