Thursday, September 28, 2017

August Ipsy Bag Review



My August Ipsy beauty bag was all about the wild and free.  Again each bag comes with 5 items based on your beauty profile and reviews from previous bags.  The monthly subscription is $10 and includes shipping.  Each month the products received can range from skin, health, or nail care as well as makeup.

Shimmer Bronzer in Flush by Hikari

I have not used this product yet but am excited to play around.  It can be used from highlighting to contour.  One color or a combination of all.  It can even be used as an eyeshadow.

Excessive Lash mascara by Make Up For Ever
This mascara comes in black.  I also have not opened this product yet but, I read that it has both hard and soft bristles which allows for a batter application.

Liquid Waterproof Liner in Coal by Seraphine Botanicals
I like liquid eyeliner and am still practicing those fancy lines!  Liquid liner always seems brighter to me.  Waterproof is always a win for me as well.

Romantic Rose Blending Brush by Glamour Dolls
This brush will go perfectly with my 1st product the bronzer.  Small tip for better around the eye coverage.  I like the rose gold color and it's got a nice comfortable grip.

Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay by First Aid Beauty
This cleanser works nicely.  My face felt cleaner after I used it. Not dried out was a plus.  It is red in color.  The cleanser has a gel look but a smooth texture not sticky.  It does have a chemical smell but, it didn't bother my face.  

That's a look at my August Ipsy bag.  Now to get reviewing my September bag!  When you review you receive points toward future purchases and the reviews also play a part in consideration of your next bag.

Feel free to use my link to start your own Ipsy subscription.


Do you know how many monthly subscriptions are out there? What's your favorite? Whether it's makeup or other I would like to know.  

19 comments:

  1. Wow all these for only 10$! I guess they dont ship outside the US do they? Its great to be able to try new beauty product each month! You will look great!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to try brands and products before making that leap into a full size product.

      Delete
  2. You got some fabulous things! I'm impressed that you got all of this for only $10. What a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of subscription boxes but they all seem to disappoint lots of people at some stage, so I stick to buying what I love every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true. I always see how people flip flop their opinions every month. If I wasn't that happy I would pass it off to my teen who would gladly take free makeup.

      Delete
  4. Receiving a beauty bag is always a cute surprise.It seems this bag is with gorgeous items that are helpful for beauty routine....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wild and free bag of ipsy for August. I love the First Aid Beauty Red Clay cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used that the other day. It was a nice sensitive cleanser. Cleanser are hit or miss for sensitivity and the feeling of a clean face.

      Delete
  6. Ipsy is so fun! This looks like a great box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ipsy looks like they give some pretty good things in their subscription box. I used to be a member of Birchbox, but I got tired of only sample sizes. Maybe I should give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sone samples would be OK but the price would have to justify it.

      Delete
  8. Lots of fun stuff! I have yet to try this out but I'm a beauty product addict and I love getting mail so this is right up my ally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iam not an addict but it looks like it. I have plenty of bits and pieces and will have to give some away rather then continue to keep hoarding.

      Delete
  9. These are some really great picks for only 20 bucks. I really like the cleanser and the shimmery bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder why Ipsy is not available in Manila! These are so gorgeous, me likey :) Specially the bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fun getting to try new brands and products that you might not otherwise purchase. And it's kind of fun that you don't know what you're going to get. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try the make up forever brand. I've noticed a few people that I follow raving about the selection. I think I may ease myself into the products by possibly starting with a lip liner then making my way through to foundation etc.

    Lucy,commenting on behalf of AJulyDreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no idea how many are out there but I know there are tons of subscription boxes out there. I really like the mascara in this box. I may need to sign up and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! I keep hearing about Ipsy. Def going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete