Thursday, July 27, 2017

Steps for a Fitness Change




  Just a couple years ago I was trapped in a medical boot.  After several visits to various doctors, different tests done and x-rays and scans completed. 2 months later of me hobbling I was diagnosed with a stress fracture.  I had that boot on mobilizing my freedom of movement for 6 months.  I was an active person prior to that so that was hard.

 If your interested in getting fit what's stopping you? Get your pencil out and list your pros and cons.  Make goals instead of excuses.

1. Know your why!

  Working out is all what you put in. Just like at your daily job whether it's in a office or at home.  If you put in minimal work your will get minimal results.  Think about what you want to accomplish. Set goals that you can climb up to.  Making them attainable although slow will help the process be more manageable. What are you looking for weight loss, muscle tone or definition, more endurance.

2.  How much time do you have?

  How important is fitness in your life?  What are you willing to do to make it happen?  Wake up at 5am to get some time in before work? Don't run out the gate with a timeline of 2 weeks.  It will be a process.  You may not see results for the first couple weeks but at the end of a dedicated month small changes may be visible. I shoot for at least an hour at the gym more is good but definitely not less. 30- 45 minutes of cardio followed by some weight training.  You will not I repeat you will not get huge if you pick up weights.  Stronger but not huge.

3.  Be open minded.

  You are trying to make changes in your lifestyle so you have to come to terms with all that means.  Sweating, hot and thirsty.  You will be tired and that's because your working your body like never before. The nice thing is it will feel good. The exhaustion will pass and you will feel relieved.

  There are so many options you can utilize on this journey and I'm going to share what I use for my fitness routine to include the gym and other resources. You can spend money but that's not necessary.  You can workout for next to nothing! I'll be back with options to shed, tone or build endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment